LEARNING AT HOME
Although our school is closed, learning can, and should continue at home. Parents, please check this page often for updated lesson plans and links to helpful learning tools.
If you have not receive an e-mail from us regarding your child(ren)'s assignments, please contact the school immediately to update your contact information. The after-hours number to connect with school administrators is 901-497-1504. We can also be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEARNING TOOLS - ALL AGES/GRADES
April 20-24, 2020 Lesson Plan
- Access the link at starfall.com
- Once you have accessed the link, click on the It’s fun to read.
- Click on "Zack the Rat" and scroll Skills Movie Alphabet to access activities for the current unit of study, Letters
- Click on the lonely vowels to access sight words and nursery rhymes, phonological games, and educational websites.
- You can find a fun activities to do each day on the school website as well.
Letter/Sound of the Week: Xx
Sight Words: your, come
Nursery Rhyme: "Hickory Dickory, Dock"
Number: Practice counting by 10s to 100, count 1-50
Math Skills: Use position words (behind, in front, left, right, up, down)
Emergent Writing: What is your favorite thing about Pre-K? Draw a picture and then write a
sentence about it. For additional practice, label pictures, form letters, develop written
responses to pictures drawn, and write first and last names.
April 13-18, 2020 Lesson Plan
Letter/Sound of the Week: Vv
Sight Words: with, all
Nursery Rhyme: "It's Raining, It's Pouring"
Number: Review written numbers 1-20, count 1-50
Math Skills: Create and recognize patterns
Emergent Writing: Label pictures, form letters, develop written responses to pictures drawn, write first and last names
Colors Lesson (Copy and paste the link into your browser.)
April 6-10, 2020 Lesson Plan:
- Daily learning on Starfall.com GO>>>
Reading - Entire Month of April:
- WeekOne: Dr. Seuss -Read a Dr. Seuss book
- Week two: Read your favorite book (ask your child what did he/she like about the book)
- Week three: Read a book today (let your child read a sentence and tell you what he /she read to you)
- Week four: Read a book today (let your child read a sentence out loud, then you read the next line.)
iXL - You will receive information from your child's teacher with instructions for accessing our iXL platform. This will serve as the main remote learning tool for our elementary division. Please get in touch with us if you do not have a computer or internet access.
Google Classroom - Teachers will post lessons, assignments, and communicate with their students/parents via Google Classroom. Check your e-mail for your classroom invitation.